What do I need to bring to my appointment with ConnectAurora?
- Home or mailing address for each person applying for insurance
- Social security numbers for each family member (If a legal immigrant, please bring a green card or other official documentation.)
- Income information for each person in the family
- If self-employed, a ledger indicating revenue and expenses
- Current health insurance information, if any, for each family member, including employer-sponsored insurance, or Medicare
- Valid email address
- Username or password for PEAK and/or Connect for Health Colorado, if there is one
- If the individual or family member has applied for Health First Colorado (Medicaid) or CHP+, bring the case number which is available on all communication from Health First Colorado. The case number is 7 characters and begins with 1Bxxxxx.
If you have questions about what to bring please call 303.617.2328 or 303.923.6519 (English) or 303.923.6836 (Spanish).
What is Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program)?
Health First Colorado is a free, state-sponsored health insurance program for Coloradans who qualify. When you apply for financial help through Connect for Health Colorado, your eligibility for Health First Colorado will be assessed first. ConnectAurora can help you through the application process for Health First Colorado or you can apply online, over the phone (1-800-221-3943), in person or by mail.
If you do not qualify for Health First Colorado, you may be eligible for financial help through Connect for Health Colorado.
What is Connect for Health Colorado?
The Connect for Health Colorado Marketplace is where you can enroll in private health insurance plans and find out if you qualify for financial assistance to lower your health care costs. ConnectAurora can help you with the application process. You can also get help by phone through the Marketplace at 1-855-PLANS-4-YOU (1-855-752-6749). After the open enrollment period is closed (on January 15) you may still be able to buy insurance through Connect for Health Colorado if you have experienced a qualifying life event.
Use Connect for Health Colorado’s Quick Cost and Plan Finder to preview the plans available to you, and estimate if you can get financial assistance on your monthly health insurance costs.
What are qualifying life change events?
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Marriage or divorce
- Turning 26 and aging off your parent’s plan
- Loss of employer-sponsored coverage
- Loss or change in income, which affects your financial assistance
- To see a more complete list of qualifying life change events, please visit Connect for Health Colorado.